Office 365 Planning
How to avoid an Office 365 migration Disaster ?
While Office 365 is the new default product for businesses using the Microsoft Office suite of products moving your current setup maybe more difficult than you realize given the Cloud hosted nature of the product.
As a leading Office 365 integrator & Microsoft Partners we have done extensive training and gained significant experience in understanding how to make an Office 365 migration on budget & time with minimum business disruption.
Office 365 Business Setup & Migration Preparation
In doing the new setup, & migration of your new Office 365 environment we would recommend you check the following areas to ensure a smooth transition.
- Underestimating the size of the job – allocating sufficient time & dedicated resource to enable full migration of data & users without disrupting your business.
- Office 365 Plans – you need to ensure the plan you can choose is correct for each users requirements, each plan offered by Microsoft has specific capabilities you need to ensure that plans are matched correctly.
- Delete & Archive – as a cloud enabled product suite you can easily assume that your current data store will need to be loaded, culling existing data stores can save significant migration time, & reduce the risk of overloading.
- Local Storage – while Office 365 has considerable cloud storage available you may need to consider localized storage for large & archived files to achieve saving on data usage & reduce download times.
- Timing & Data Loading – in migrating to Office 365 significant data usage is encountered in syncing to the Microsoft data centre, consideration needs to be given to timing of the data transfer (when & how long), data allowances, & the effect on standard business operations due to bandwidth hogging.
- User Profiles – in setting up users on Office 365 you need to consider copying current user profiles, setting & communicating passwords, and hardware accessibility.
- Support – misunderstanding the role Microsoft support plays in helping with office 365 deployments should you encounter an issue you don’t understand. SLA Critical & Urgent incidents where they are responsible is fairly prompt, calls are answered within one hour and update provided very 2 and 24 hours respectively. However, issues raised as important or advisory are updated every 72 hours or as decided by Microsoft. So if you are experiencing an issue during migration it will be difficult to get prompt Microsoft support.
- Ongoing Support & Administration – ultimately Office 365 is shared infrastructure where Microsoft manages the day to day functions of the hosted facility, however like any IT network the local users, profiles, and infrastructure still need to be managed for security, hardware, and administration – don’t assume Microsoft can help with this.
If you embark on the Office 365 journey for your business make sure you do your research, plan, and allow enough time to successfully implement without causing business disruption.
Of course you could contract an Office 365 specialist like Computer Troubleshooters who have the experience, knowledge, and tools to reduce the risk of failure and minimize your headaches. As a business owner you can contract your Office 365 transformation to Computer Troubleshooters, including;
- Planning – Licencing & Administration
- Setup – Each user must be defined and setup on the Office 365 platform.
- Migration – Existing data, profiles and files need to be correctly setup.
- Ongoing Administration & Support – local support for local users, local workstations and office networks.
Computer Troubleshooters can provide professional IT services to your business to provision and administer Office 365 environments as needed, with no need to hire full time employees or large IT service providers. Let the experts at Computer Troubleshooters work with you to assess your IT needs and develop a customized plan for your business. Computer Troubleshooters can manage your IT services and you can manage your business. Give your local Computer Troubleshooters office a call and one of our computer professionals will be happy to help you.
Office 365 is a combination of the old Microsoft Office Professional licence software that enabled Outlook, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint; plus 365 includes hosted Exchange email (Enterprise grade Email), plus OneDrive for business (Cloud Storage), Skype for Business (Teleconferencing), Yammer (Social Business Platform) plus more….Read More
Read our Office 365 & IT Solutions catalogue to get a full view of Office 365 capabilities, applications, features and benefits and how we can set your business up for the future. Our guide to modern business IT explains how even for the smallest business can be fully IT enabled into the cloud plus more…Read More
We can help with your Microsoft office 365 Setup, Migration & Support requirements. As an experience Microsoft support partner for 365 we can ensure the smooth transfer from your old IT systems to the new cloud enabled environment with a minimum of business disruption & with Computer Troubleshooters being your local single point of contactRead More
If your business is considering migrating to Office 365 why not talk to us about our FREE IT Assessment where we will visit your business for a consultation to do a review of your current IT setup, your systems security, & data backup procedures. We will discuss with you your current and future business requirements and explaining any Office 365 & Cloud opportunities. Based on this consultation & feedback we will present recommendations based on your individual business requirements…Read More
Microsoft Small Business Server was the primary small business solution provided by Computer Troubleshooters until it withdrawal in 2014. Now businesses with up to 75 employees need to seek alternative solutions which is quite often a combination of Office 365 and local on premise solutions.Read More
Microsoft have confirmed that the end of life for Microsoft Server 2003 is July 2015. While replacements are available Businesses running Server 2003 have an number of options and combinations they can embrace including Office 365 and Server 2012 R2. Continuing to use Microsoft Server 2003 after this date will mean your business will be taking an increasing risk of failure & declining performance,Read More