What is Office 365
What Is Office 365 for Business?
Microsoft Office 365 is the how traditional Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint can now be purchased on subscription model. Office 365 software can now be purchased on an ongoing basis which means no more upfront licencing costs and continual releases of new versions to subscribers.
Part of Microsoft Office 365 advantage is the cloud integration of email, storage & teleconferencing. No longer do Businesses need to invest in local server technology to get enterprise grade email, as the email host is located in the Microsoft Data Centre – Microsoft do the routine backup, maintenance, and updating of the email host – this means businesses no longer need to invest in upfront hardware, or incur ongoing running costs such as electricity, air con & space.
Similarly with each subscription Microsoft also offers a compelling scenario for offsite storage with 1TB per user cloud storage and file sharing in the cloud. Subscriptions may also include Skype for Business (previously called Lync) that allow to group teleconference, instant message and VoIP enabled single point of presence calling
To gain all these feature Businesses traditionally need to invest heavily and spend to maintain & upgrade their systems.
Have you thought about transitioning to Office 365?
Read our Office 365 & IT Solutions catalogue to get a full view of Office 365 capabilities, applications, features and benefits and how we can set your business up for the future. Our guide to modern business IT explains how even for the smallest business can be fully IT enabled into the cloud plus more…Read More
How Can Office 365 Benefit Your Business?
If you are an individual user or a business owner managing a team of employees, Office 365 offers many benefits including:
- Work Whenever and Wherever:Access your Office tools from anywhere on any device. Create and edit Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote files and share with your team using cloud-based file sharing. Even the Small Business edition can support up to 25 users. All editions provide great storage capacity for your data. You can also use Office 365 with your desktop version of Office.
- Email and Calendar:Sync your email and calendar with Office 365’s hosted business class email system. Stay in touch and on schedule with instant messaging. Secure and private communications are delivered across various devices with anti-virus and anti-spam protection.
- Easily Manage Your Website: With easy to use DIY online tools you can quickly make changes to your website. You can add your existing website, domain name and domain-based email address to Office 365 without any additional web-hosting fees. Make a great impression by taking control of your website and keeping it up to date.
- Online Conferencing: Take advantage of HD video conferencing for online meetings with desktop sharing. Save time and travel hassles with efficient online meetings that offer real-time note taking features.
- Mobile Apps: View and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files on your mobile device. When you return to your office, you can easily reconnect to these files from your computer with intact formatting and content. No time is lost when you can start working where you left off.
- Subscription Advantages: Save money upfront with the subscription service format. You can pay by the month with the ability to cancel the subscription at any time. You can easily upgrade your subscription to another edition or bundle services within a service segment. No need to purchase new versions of software ever again.
Is Your Business Ready to Take Advantage of Office 365?
You can reshape the way you are doing business by reshaping your workforce. Office 365 offers a range of advanced tools that enables your employees to be productive anywhere and at any time across a range of devices. Gain the competitive edge for your business by boosting the collective performance of your employees through Office 365’s powerful cloud-based solutions.
Embarking on the Office 365 journey requires guidance so give your local Computer Troubleshooters office a call today and one of our technology professionals will be happy to discuss how Office 365 can benefit your business
As the new default Microsoft Office Product for Business, Office 365 offers many advantages in terms of lower investment, multiple device, & anywhere access, however before you embark on the 365 Migration we recommend you take the time to understand the product limitations and requirements , plus more…Read More
We can help with your Microsoft office 365 Setup, Migration & Support requirements. As an experience Microsoft support partner for 365 we can ensure the smooth transfer from your old IT systems to the new cloud enabled environment with a minimum of business disruption & with Computer Troubleshooters being your local single point of contactRead More
If your business is considering migrating to Office 365 why not talk to us about our FREE IT Assessment where we will visit your business for a consultation to do a review of your current IT setup, your systems security, & data backup procedures. We will discuss with you your current and future business requirements and explaining any Office 365 & Cloud opportunities. Based on this consultation & feedback we will present recommendations based on your individual business requirements…Read More
Microsoft Small Business Server was the primary small business solution provided by Computer Troubleshooters until it withdrawal in 2014. Now businesses with up to 75 employees need to seek alternative solutions which is quite often a combination of Office 365 and local on premise solutions.Read More
Microsoft have confirmed that the end of life for Microsoft Server 2003 is July 2015. While replacements are available Businesses running Server 2003 have an number of options and combinations they can embrace including Office 365 and Server 2012 R2. Continuing to use Microsoft Server 2003 after this date will mean your business will be taking an increasing risk of failure & declining performance,Read More